What an amazing year!
This year started in our modest kitchen, cooking for our lovely neighbors via the Josephine platform. After a few months we moved out to a commercial kitchen and began catering to offices, commercials, TV and movie sets. Today Olive Caters provides full service catering across the bay area! We had the pleasure of catering wine country weddings, fun Bn’ai Mitzvah celebrations, galas, and corporate holiday parties.Thanks to our talented and creative team members, each event was delicious and memorable.
The holidays are best spent at home with friends and family and if you’re hosting a New Year party we’d like to help you start 2019 with a delicious dessert. Knafeh is a middle eastern dessert made with crispy kataifi noodles, butter, melted cheese and rose water or orange blossom syrup and topped with chopped pistachio. YUMMMY! You can find the kataifi and Akawi cheese in any Middle Eastern market.
Enjoy the knafeh and have an amazing year!
600 grams Kataif noodles
400 grams unsalted butter, melted
900 grams semi soft cheese ( we love the semi soft Akawi, but you can also use a mixture of ricotta and mozzarella)
1½ cups water
1½ cups sugar
2 tea spoons rose water or orange blossom water
¼ cup chopped pistachio
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Chopp the kataifi noodles
- In a large mixing bowl, mix with your hands the chopped kataifi noodles and the melted butter
- Press half of the mixture tightly into a 9 by 13 baking pan (¼ sheet pan).
- Spread the cheese evenly on top of the kataifi
- Press the remaining buttered kataifi noodles on top of the cheese
- Bake for 25 minutes until golden brown
- In a small pot bring to a boil the water and sugar, then simmer for five minutes.
- Remove syrup from stove and add the rose water or orange blossom.
- Sprinkle crushed pistachio all over and serve warm .